Welcome to Move San José. We’re glad you are here, because we want your input. Move San José is engagement platform for the City of San Jose’s Department of Transportation (DOT) Planning, Policy, and Sustainability division. Here, DOT staff shares information about current and future transportation plans & projects and asks for community feedback on topics that relate to getting around in San José.
Your input is very important because the City wants to make our transportation system more inclusive and sustainable. The streets you walk, bike, drive, or take transit on make up most of the public space in our city. By planning thoughtfully, our transportation system can safely get us to the places we need to go and help build a stronger, healthier, and more equitable community. For your convenience, we keep this site intentionally simple to prioritize accessibility, translation, and mobile device use.
Learn more and get involved
- Updated Access & Mobility Plan Goals - After learning from the public about their priorities at workshops last November, the City has updated the goals for the Access & Mobility Plan.
- Naglee Avenue Project Update #4 - In this update for the Naglee Avenue Project you can read about the construction schedule and potential weather impacts.
- Updated Guiding Principles for the Downtown Transportation Plan - The City has updated the Downtown Transportation Plan guiding principles based on public feedback at the workshop last October.
- AMP First Round of Workshops - Videos are now available from the first round of AMP workshops held in November 2020, in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
- Video of Workshop #1 for Downtown Transportation Plan - Thanks to those of us who were able to join us for the first Downtown Transportation Plan workshop on October 28th.
- Naglee Avenue Project Update #3 - In this update for the Naglee Avenue Project you can read about the construction schedule and potential weather impacts.
- Naglee Avenue Project Update #2 - In this update for the Naglee Avenue Project you can read about the construction schedule and potential weather impacts.
- Fruitdale Avenue Project Update - This update provides information about the Fruitdale Avenue bikeway construction schedule. The project will occur in Spring 2021 due to unanticipated delays in our design phases.
- Naglee Avenue Project Update - In this update for the Naglee Avenue Project you can read our responses to the comments you provided in our online survey.
- Downtown Transportation Plan Survey - We'd appreciate your feedback on the Downtown Transportation Plan initial survey. Please share your thoughts!